This unique necklace features a Buddhist symbol for the mantra "Om Mani Padme Hum", a mantra that is said to embody all the teachings of the Buddha within six syllables. Each of the syllables can be interpreted as follows:
- Om: (The sound frequency of the universe). Diminishes attachment to ego and instills generosity.
- Ma: Removes attachment to jealousy and instills ethics.
- Ni: Removes attachment to desire and instills patience.
- Pad: Removes attachment to prejudice and instills perseverance.
- Me: Removes the attachment to possessiveness and instills concentration.
- Hum: Removes the attachment to hatred and instills wisdom.
The oxidized sterling and etched copper necklace hangs from an elegant 18" textured oval-link chain and handmade clasp. The chain can be adjusted to be shorter. Green Kyanite is a stone of compassion, and is therefore a perfect finishing touch for this pendant.